Broaden your global & scientific understanding of botanical medicine
Join me over 9 weeks exploring the science and global traditions of herbalism! Various Saturdays from December 2nd 2017 - April 30th 2018. We will meet for 30 direct classroom hours + additional hours required for independent study, projects, and homework.
APPLY & REGISTER TODAY!
Take the next step in your studies of herbalism and botanical medicine! Join me in this one of a kind botanical medicine course blending global healing traditions, ritual, and current molecular and clinical scientific research. This is an advanced course that will deepen your studies in herbalism, knowledge of global healing traditions, and understanding of how you can incorporate herbs into your life to improve your health & well-being. Prerequisites: 1 year of herbal studies. There will be an optional full day herbalism introductory day for those who have minimal herbal background. Please contact me with questions about the program and your experience.
This course will explore...
- Introductory day of Herbal actions, and remedies
- Global botanical healing traditions exploring Mayan, Shamanic (Peruvian Amazon), and Galenic (Italian/Greek) herbal healing traditions based on Bridget's background & experiences around the world
- Traditional ceremonial Mayan and Shamanic rituals
- Plant identification hike, harvesting, and botanical crafting
- Herbal constituents pertaining to physiological actions and applications
- Introduction to scientific concepts including: microbiology, immunology, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, pharmacognacy, and phytochemistry
- Review of current scientific research on selected botanicals and what it means for their use & efficacy
Registration & Expectations
- Course includes all materials and handouts
- Several projects and readings will be expected to be completed outside of class
- After successful attendance of classes, you will earn a certificate of completion
- Dates: Classes are held on various Saturdays December 2nd - April 30th
- Location: People House at 3035 W 25th Ave, Denver, CO 80211
- Program cost is $425. Non-refundable $75 deposit holds your spot for this course, with the remaining payment due the first day class in cash, check, or paypal. Feel free to contact me for more details and or discuss other payment options. While taking this course, you will also enjoy 15% off of Bridget's Botanicals apothecary products, chocolates, and essential oils.
This course is the result of my 9 years of practicing and studying herbalism, exploration of global botanical medicine traditions during my studies in Italy, Central America, and the Amazon, as well as my scientific training at CU Boulder, Harvard, Georgetown, and Boston University. I am a Certified Herbalist, Founder of Bridget's Botanicals, Biology Professor at Arapahoe Community College, and have been a guest speaker for numerous groups and organizations. I have been teaching formal and informal science education (primarily Biology and Chemistry) for 10 years. My generational roots take me back to Iowa where my Grandpa farmed the land, made elderberry and dandelion wine. My herbal teachers have greatly influenced my herbal practice to work with my intuition, plant spirits, and spiritual aspects of herbalism and the whole person. Feel free to read more about my background here. I am SO excited to share my experiences and knowledge through this unique course and look forward to you joining me and living a life of health and well-being!
~ Botanically, Bridget