Come learn about healing plants from around with world, global herbal traditions, medicine making, eat chocolate, and current science behind using herbs. Don't wait! Classes begin Saturday December 2nd 2017! Register by Nov. 25th for our early bird special pricing!
Each day we will explore herbs from a specific healing tradition and craft a remedy to build your home apothecary while focusing on one of the global healing traditions. Topics and traditions will include...
- Introduction day going over herbal remedies and terminology
- Mayan, Shamanic, Galenic, and Celtic herbal healing traditions and their materia medica
- Traditional ceremonial Mayan and Shamanic rituals
- Plant identification hike, harvesting, and botanical crafting
- Herbal interactions with your physiology and their applications
- Introduction to scientific concepts including pharmacology and phytochemistry
- Review of current scientific research on selected botanical
- Personal work with several herbs over 4 months
- Course includes all materials and course binder packed with valuable handouts, recipes from around the world collected over the past 9 years of Bridget's travels and global studies!
- Several projects and readings will be expected to be completed outside of class
- If you miss a class, you are responsible for getting class notes from another student
- After successful attendance of classes, you will earn a certificate of completion
- Dates: Classes are held on every other Saturday December 2nd - April 30th from 9:00am-noon. There will be several Saturdays that there will be no classes. We will go over these on the first day :)
- Location: People House at 3035 W 25th Ave, Denver, CO 80211
- $425. Payment can be made at one time or at the first class of each month. While taking this course, you will also enjoy 15% off of Bridget's Botanicals apothecary products and chocolates!
This course is the result of my 9 years of practicing and studying herbalism, exploration of global botanical medicine traditions during my studies in Italy, Central America, and the Amazon, as well as my scientific training at CU Boulder, Harvard, Georgetown, and Boston University. I am a Certified Herbalist, Founder of Bridget's Botanicals, Adjunct Biology Professor at Arapahoe Community College, and have been a guest speaker for numerous groups and organizations. I have been teaching formal and informal science education (primarily Biology and Chemistry) for 10 years. My generational roots take me back to Iowa where my Grandpa farmed the land, made elderberry and dandelion wine. My herbal teachers have greatly influenced my herbal practice to work with my intuition, plant spirits, and spiritual aspects of herbalism and the whole person. Feel free to read more about my background here. I am SO excited to share my experiences and knowledge through this unique course and look forward to you joining me and living a life of health and well-being!
~ Botanically, Bridget