Each day we will explore herbs from a specific healing tradition and craft a remedy to build your home apothecary while focusing on one of the global healing traditions. Topics and traditions will include...
- Introduction day going over herbal remedies and terminology
- Four different herbal healing traditions and their materia medica from around the world
- Traditional ceremonial Mayan and Shamanic rituals
- Plant identification hike or walk and harvesting, weather permitting
- Botanical crafting
- Herbal interactions with your physiology and their applications
- Introduction to scientific concepts in basic pharmacology and phytochemistry
- Personal work with several herbs over 4 months
- Course includes all materials and course binder packed with valuable handouts, recipes from around the world collected over the past 9 years of Bridget's travels and global studies!
- Several projects and readings will be expected to be completed outside of class
- If you miss a class, you are responsible for getting class notes from another student
- After successful attendance of classes, you will earn a certificate of completion
- Dates: The next session will be held in Winter 2018/2019
- Location: People House at 3035 W 25th Ave, Denver, CO 80211
- $425. Payment can be made at one time or at the first class of each month. While taking this course, you will also enjoy 15% off of Bridget's Botanicals apothecary products and chocolates!
This course is the result of my 10 years of practicing and studying herbalism, exploration of global botanical medicine traditions during my studies in Italy, Central America, and the Amazon, as well as my scientific training at CU Boulder, Harvard, Georgetown, and Boston University. I am a Certified Herbalist, Founder of Bridget's Botanicals, previous Adjunct Biology Professor at Arapahoe Community College, and have been a guest speaker for numerous groups and organizations. I have been teaching formal and informal science education (primarily Biology and Chemistry) for 10 years. My generational roots take me back to Iowa where my Grandpa farmed the land, made elderberry and dandelion wine. My herbal teachers have greatly influenced my herbal practice to work with my intuition, plant spirits, and spiritual aspects of herbalism and the whole person. Feel free to read more about my background here. I am SO excited to share my experiences and knowledge through this unique course and look forward to you joining me and living a life of health and well-being!
~ Botanically, Bridget